The Tier 2 General visa is designed for employers wanting to employ migrant workers in the UK. The first stage is to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship on the migrant worker’s behalf. In order to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship, the candidate must score the qualifying 70 point pass mark in the following sections:
- GCE A-Level – 5 points
- Bachelordegree – 10 points
- Master’s or PhD – 15 points
- £20,000 – £23,999 – 10 points
- £24,000 – £27,999 – 15 points
- £28,000 – £31,999,99 – 20 points
- £32,000 or more – 25 points
- Shortage occupation (shortage list) – 50 points
- Resident labour market test – 30 points
- Switching from a post-study work category – 30 points
- English language – 10 points
- Maintenance (funds) – 10 points
- It is mandatory for all candidates to pass the English language and maintenance (funds) tests.
Once the sponsor issues the Certificate of Sponsorship number, candidates will have to obtain a visa that will give them full rights to work in the UK. Candidates outside the UK need to apply for an entry clearance visa at the British Diplomatic Post in country of residence / nationality, and candidates in the UK (subject to their eligibility to change their status within the UK) are able to apply for further leave to remain in the UK.
We can advise and assist UK employers in obtaining a sponsorship licence from the UK Border Agency, check and advise on preparation of their immigration files for Audit, and issue certificates of sponsorship on employers’ behalf.