Settlement And Permanent Residence

Permanent residence, also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain, gives full rights to settle in the United Kingdom permanently without any immigration control once it has been granted by the UK Government.

Individuals with certain types of visas may be able to apply for permanent residence once they have lived in the UK for five years. If they are married to a British citizen (before 9 July 2012), the duration after which Leave to Remain can be granted is 2 years. Eligible individuals need to prove that they are contributing to the British economy and have sufficient knowledge of life in the United Kingdom and the English language.

Individuals under the following visa categories are entitled to apply for permanent residence (Indefinite Leave to Remain):

  • marriage category, with 24 months’ spouse visa (before 9 July 2012);
  • marriage category, on or after 9 July 2012;
  • Tier 1 (General) – Highly Skilled Migrant or Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP);
  • Tier 1 (Entrepreneur);
  • Tier 1 (Investor);
  • Tier 2 (General and Intra Company Transferee) – Skilled worker;
  • Tier 2 (Ministers of religion);
  • Tier 2 (Sports people);
  • ancestry;
  • sole representatives;
  • writers, composers and artists;
  • individuals that have been living in the United Kingdom for 10 years legally are also eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Please contact us for further details.

It should also be noted that the above-mentioned categories are also subject to the residence (absences from the United Kingdom) requirement.

How we can help you

  • We can assess your eligibility, and advise and assist you in obtaining indefinite leave to remain/permanent residence.
  • We can fast-track your indefinite leave to remain/permanent residence and obtain approval within 1 working day.
  • We can assist and obtain indefinite leave to remain/permanent residence for your accompanying dependants(including any children you have who are over 18 years old).

Please note that the UK Border Agency does not fast-track permanent residence applications under the 10 year residence scheme and these applications must be submitted by post.

If you want us to check your eligibility for Indefinite Leave to Remain please complete the free assessment form on our website and we will contact you as soon as possible.

Click here to schedule a discussion about your application…

…and someone from our immigration team will get back to you within 24 hours.