Boost for UK science with unlimited visa offer to world’s brightest and best.
A new, fast-track visa scheme to attract the world’s top scientists, researchers and mathematicians will open on 20 February 2020.
The Global Talent route replaces the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) route and for the first time UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) will endorse applicants from the scientific and research community.
The route will provide for a brand new fast-track scheme, managed by UKRI which will enable UK-based research projects that have received recognised prestigious grants and awards to recruit top global talent, benefiting higher education institutions, research institutes – this will enable an individual to be fast-tracked to the visa application stage –
– double the number of eligible fellowships;
– continue to ensure dependents have full access to the labour market;
– preserve the route’s flexibility by not requiring an individual to hold an offer of employment before arriving or tying them to one specific job;
– provide an accelerated path to settlement for all scientists and researchers who are endorsed on the route
– provide for an exemption from our absences rules for researchers, and their dependants, where they are required overseas for work-related purposes.