Maltese indefinite leave to remain/permanent residence (Residence and Visa Programme)
The Maltese Government enacted a new law allowing third country nationals to apply for indefinite leave to remain/permanent residency (EEA indefinite leave to remain) in Malta subject to the below requirements:
- Either purchases a property in Malta for 270,000+ Euros OR
- Rents property for 10,000 Euros per annum. It is not permitted to sell this property within 5 years of the qualifying period.
- Must be 18 years old or above and must have a clean criminal record;
- Purchases Government bonds for 250,000 Euros and must hold for a minimum of 5 years from the date of approval;
- Contributes 30,000 Euros to the Maltese Government for administrative work;
It is also required to show that the applicant has either an annual income of not less than hundred thousand euro (€100,000) arising outside Malta or has capital of not less than five hundred thousand euro (€500,000).